Who are the best fiction editors in Scotland?
- You may need someone familiar with local geography, culture or language.
- You may wish to meet your editor before deciding to work with them, or at various stages in the editing process.
- You may prefer to support home-grown talent and a local business.
- they specialise in fiction OR devote a significant proportion of their time to working with fiction authors
- they have testimonials from satisfied fiction clients
- they teach other editors about fiction editing
- they are committed to their own professional development
- they write themselves, and so understand the creative process
Katherine Trail, KT Editing, Aberdeen
Gale Winskill, Winskill Editorial, Aberdour, Fife
Maria Hampshire-Carter, Auchtermuchty, Fife
Stephen Cashmore, Cashmore Editorial, Ayr
Sara Donaldson, Northern Editorial, Wick