It was the second time I had attended one of Chris Marr’s conferences, and it didn’t disappoint.
1 Don’t wait to get started
I make video** for _______________ about ______________
so that I can achieve _______________.
**insert content medium here, e.g. blog/podcast/webinars/online courses.
2 Produce content consistently
- Commit to regular posts
- Create good titles based on how people would search online
- Use subtitles to answer the big five questions within the post
- Have a strong call to action: sign up for a newsletter, download an ebook
- Use good images: invest in stock photos
- Good SEO: use the meta information to boost
- Share it: don’t expect people to find it by themselves
- Analyse it: use analytics to assess the performance of your posts
3 Be bigger, braver, bolder
- think about what story we can tell that doesn’t otherwise exist, and
- remember that our tone of voice is our gutsiest, bravest asset.
Plus, Ann wrote Everybody Writes and she is all about the words, so I consider her to be one of my tribe. Although, to be fair, I think Ann preferred the term 'squad'! I think we all fell in love with her!
4 Create a season
- save time by breaking down one big idea into several episodes or posts
- go into more detail in each post
- provide a hook with the progression of the idea through the season.
5 Find your alpha audience
- self-identity (it’s an expression of themselves)
- an act of generosity and kindness
- as a symbol of love and support (of the creator)