How can an accountability group help me?
My accountability groups
- goal setting
- sharing skills and knowledge
- continuing professional development
- running an editorial business.
- focus on content marketing to develop our businesses
- provide a safe, supportive space
- share skills and knowledge
- help each other with goal setting.
How do I set up an accountability group?
- Do you feel you can trust them?
- Do you think you would be honest and open with them?
- Do you enjoy their company and find their views interesting, insightful and/or challenging?
How many people should be in an accountability group?
An accountability group is not about ...
- being told what to do
- being critical of each other
- knowing the answer
How often does an accountability group meet?
Should we meet online or in-person?
How long should an accountability group meeting be?
Useful tools for an accountability group
What should I contribute to an accountability group?
What is the accountability bit?
- We celebrate wins that have happened since we last met. This could be as simple as getting an overdue invoice paid, or landing a new client. Or we may have launched our new website or started a major sales campaign.
- We share any challenges or problems we're experiencing that we'd like help with
- We set our goals – these could be short, medium or long term
- We detail what we will be accountable for the next time we meet. This could be one step towards achieving a larger goal, e.g. publishing two blogs, or planning a new campaign, or submitting a tender for a new project.
- bringing in new clients
- increasing your fees / rates
- increasing the number of subscribers to your email
- improvements to your web analytics, e.g. reducing bounce rate