- you're far too close to it to see your own mistakes
- your brain will skim over and read what it THINKS you've written, not what's there
- you may not have quite the right angle you were hoping for
- your point may not be clear
- it might benefit from restructuring
- you may have overlooked certain elements – links to other pages or sites, or a call to action, for example.
1. Never sneak up on your expert
2. Be specific
3. Prepare the way
If you're asking friends or colleagues to check your work for free, make it as straightforward for them as possible. They're doing you a favour, remember.